Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A bit about me

Let's start with some basics:
  • Who are you?
    I'm a 25 year old guy in the northeastern United States working in management consulting. Originally grew up on the west coast.
     
  • So you want an MBA, huh?
    Yeah, I want to transition from consulting into the industry, and an MBA will help me hone my management skills/build my network/access recruiters/other.
     
  • Why a blog?
    It's going to be a fun/excruciating 8 month application process, and I want to make sure I log and share my thought processes through the whole thing. Also, I'm extremely bored. It's mostly that.
     
  • Okay, so where are you applying?
    Harvard, Stanford, Wharton, Chicago, and Columbia
     
  • Are you crazy? Do you actually think you'll get into any of those places?
    Call me crazy, but I've always been something of a dreamer.
     
  • Well, what are your stats at least?
    For the curious, I have a 3.4-3.6 GPA in science/engineering from a snobby/pretentious school, along with a 750+ GMAT. I know, I know, most of you are probably saying "get in line, kid."

Well, that's the 6-bullet-point summary, as they say. I'd like to post some of my views on the GMAT at some point.

More later.

    1 comment: