Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Roar, Lion, Roar!

Apologies for being a bit MIA over the last little while. With the business school application process settling down and other errands ramping up (pre-MBA events/assignments, job, etc.), I've been pretty tied up. But I did want to give you a run down of my life since my last post. Over the last few weeks, I've:
  • Gotten dinged by Wharton. Honestly, I'm not bent out of shape about this.
  • Given notice at my company (leaving at the end of the month)
  • Planned some travel abroad for the summer (I'll tell you more about it when I'm done planning)
  • Made a video for my waitlist candidacy at Booth
Quite a bit! I'm getting really amped up about my next steps. I've submitted my deposit at Columbia and, if Booth doesn't work out, I'm going to be a Columbian for the class of 2014! They gave me a small scholarship too, so that sweetens the deal just a bit. If I do get Booth, I'm going to have to do some thinking since I feel so personally invested in starting at CBS this fall. And if, come May 16, I am still on the waiting list, I'll probably decline the offer and give my undivided attention to Columbia.

Reading the Booth waitlist thread on the GMATClub forum can be a bit discouraging. Apparently there's a database showing everyone who hasn't explictly declined Booth's offer, and currently there are more people in that database than there are in a typical Booth entering class. I'm avoiding the conversation though, keeping it low key, and just waiting patiently for a waitlist decision.

But for now, Roar Lion Roar!

More later.

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't read too much into all of the talk about how many people are in the directory at this point. It's speculative at best. The only people who have an idea of how the class is shaping up is the adcom. I doubt this year yield will be wildly different than it has in past years. I think in the absence of information from Booth some people just feel the need to read into whatever evidence they can gather so they can "know" where they stand. I'm still rooting for you. Would love to be classmates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good information. Its very useful for me. We need learn from real time examples and for this we choose good training institute, we need to learn from experts . So we make use of demo classes . Recently we tried AWS demo class of Apponix Technologies

    ReplyDelete