Thursday, March 22, 2012

Waitlisted at Chicago

I found out yesterday that I was waitlisted at Chicago Booth. I guess I was already braced for it given that I didn't get an admit call the day before; a waitlist was the best result I could expect, so I'm at least happy about that. Overall though - feels bad, man. I really liked the school when I visited, and the students there seemed a lot more "down to earth" than most of the others I've met. I'm staying on the waitlist, but I know that this result doesn't bode well for my upcoming Wharton result. Earlier in this blog, I said that of all my applications, I felt most confident with my Wharton app. We'll find out a week from tomorrow whether that holds water.

I'm hearing that Booth tends to pull a lot of people from their waitlist over the summer, but honestly I'm not sure I can wait that long. I don't want to spend too much thinking about it or I know it'll consume my day-to-day life.

I know I should be happy/grateful that I was at least WL'd at Chicago, and more importantly, that I already have an admit at Columbia. But it's hard to get out of a funk when you know that a school didn't really want you.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment