Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Rejected by HBS

Well, it looks like I'm one of the 8,000 disappointed applicants today, since I just got rejected by Harvard Business School. I definitely saw it coming when I didn't get into the first wave, but the feeling of rejection still sucks. I got into Harvard undergrad (and chose to go somewhere else), so maybe they remembered that when I applied to b-school and decided to reject me for a change (ha-ha). I'm just kidding, the reality is probably that my application wasn't put together very well and/or I'm not awesome enough.

I don't know if I could have written my essays better. I know that a couple of my "accomplishments" were sort of convoluted and unclear, but who knows? Maybe there were other, more fundamental causes that led to my rejection (low grades, unsubstantive work/leadership experience, etc.).

Oh well, gotta move on. Still crossing my fingers for Stanford and Wharton.

I'll let you know how my Booth interview goes this weekend. Oh, and Happy F*cking Valentine's Day.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment